Sunday, June 19, 2016

The Leap

It was in April that I decided it was time to pursue a career in full time ministry.  A lot of people didn't see this coming.  I had been teaching at the same school for 7 years.  I was established and settled.  But in the scheme of my life, this change has been a long time coming.  I was probably 11 when I stepped out of a bus and, for the first time, found myself on Mexican soil.  I didn't realize it until later in the week, but it was on that trip that I discovered my passion for serving people and serving Christ.  So, a short 17 years later, I resigned from my teaching position, accepted an offer from ITeams and come Spring of 2017, I will be moving to and serving in Quito, Ecuador.

Last Sunday night, I found myself in a window seat, squished against the wall of a plane, watching the LAX tarmac disappear into a sea of flashing lights.  I was on the way to Elgin, IL for my first official day as an International Teams (ITeams) employee.  I didn't have low expectations so much as I had no expectations.  This was a whole new world for me.  When I arrived at the ministry center I was greeted with smiles and hugs.  After that, every lesson, every staff member, and every interaction only made me feel more and more a part of a family who values what I value and loves the Jesus that I love.

I can't begin to imagine what the next couple years will have in store for me, but I have no doubt that taking this leap was the best decision I have ever made.  I am so grateful that Jesus called my name and I am so glad that I decided to follow.

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! The adventure begins! So excited for you Chelsea and I can't wait to hear all the stories, see all the pictures, and watch all the changes that will come your way! I love you my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so excited for you Chelsea . A new adventure!...V

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go,Chelsea! God bless and keep us posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when you came back from that summer trip in Quito with the Youth Group and vowed you would go back some day. It's so exciting to see God take that desire you had and turn it into a reality. We're looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pictures as He uses you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Chelsea! We've always known you to have a heart to follow what ever path God chose for you and I'm so proud you answered the call. You will be great in this new role. We will be praying that God continues to use you in a mighty way! Susan and I love you and will miss your beautiful smile and sound advice. Gods speed!

    ReplyDelete