Monday, September 5, 2016

Heart of a Child

The 2015-2016 school year took a toll on me.  I taught an extra period (which means I didn't get a break in my day) and I taught two new classes.  I was tired, worn out and cranky.  Despite all of that, I had an important reason to get up each day!  My heart and my soul endured each day because of the joy and fulfillment I found in my students.  I've done a few pretty tough things in my 29 years of life, but nothing was as tough as having to tell my students, that I would not be returning to teaching for the 2016-2017 school year.  I knew I was making the right decision, but my kids are MY kids!

This school year has been so different.  I'm not a full time teacher, but in the month that Montclair has been back to school, I have subbed 7 days of school.  It feels like I never left.  I look forward to going to work, to seeing the bright shining faces of the kids I love and to sharing my journey with those who are interested.  The last couple weeks, back on the MoHi campus, have been such a light and a reminder that my heart lies with children, no matter where they are, because the hearts of children shine brighter than anything else I know.

I am so excited to bring the children of North America together with the children of South America.  United, "two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor. If either of them falls down, one can help the other up" Ecclesiastes 4:9-10.  Imagine what the hearts of children all over the world can do when they are united as one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment