Saturday, October 12, 2019

The Return - El Regreso


So, it’s been almost 2 years since I updated this blog.  I could say that I’ve been busy, but the truth is that I have been avoiding it.  As a mathy person writing is not necessarily my forte and when I stopped, I felt like I didn’t have a voice.  Even now, I’m not sure I believe that people will want to read what I have to say, but this page keeps nagging at the back of my mind and I think there is a reason.  I’m not sure what yet, but it’s titled No Turning Back so onward I go.

At One Collective they teach that vision is the goal you want to see complete in the future and mission is the path you follow to reach that goal.  Starting over means finding my voice… the vision and the mission for this blog and the reasons I am writing it. 

So, starting today:
The Vision is Christ; a life saturated in His light and His truth. 
The Mission is, whether I am standing firm or falling on my face, to be transparent about my search for Him and what He is teaching me on a daily basis.

Sure, I will talk about Ecuador; I will talk about my family and my friends; I will talk about the amazing and ridiculous young men that drive what I do on the daily; And I will probably talk about giant bugs that I find in the jungle.  But I will also talk about what God is doing in my heart and in my life and about which passages of scripture are speaking to me in the moment.

Welcome back! I hope I don’t disappoint.

---

Han pasado casi 2 años desde que actualicé este blog.  Podría decir que he estado ocupada, pero la verdad es que lo he estado evitando.  Como una persona de matemáticas, escribir no es necesariamente mi fuerte y cuando paré, sentí que no tenía voz.  Incluso ahora, no estoy segura de creer que otros quieren leer lo que tengo que decir, pero esta página sigue molestandome en el fondo de mi mente y creo que hay una razón.  Todavía no estoy segura de qué, pero se llama Sin Vuelta Atrás, así que sigo.

En One Collective enseñan que la visión es el objetivo que quieres ver completo en el futuro y la misión es el camino que sigues para cumplir ese objetivo.  Comenzar de nuevo significa encontrar mi voz ... la visión y la misión de este blog y las razones por las que lo estoy escribiendo.

Entonces, a partir de hoy:
La Visión es Cristo;  una vida saturada en su luz y su verdad.

La Misión es, ya sea que me mantenga firme o me caiga de cara, ser transparente sobre mi búsqueda de Él y lo que Él me está enseñando a diario.

Claro, voy a hablar de Ecuador;  Voy a hablar de mi familia y mis amigos;  Voy a hablar de los chicos increíbles y ridículos que manejan lo que hago a diario;  Y probablemente voy a hablar sobre los insectos gigantes que encuentro en la selva.  Pero también voy a hablar sobre lo que Dios está haciendo en mi corazón y en mi vida y sobre los pasajes de La Biblia me están hablando en este momento.

¡Bienvenidos!  Espero no los decepcione.

No comments:

Post a Comment